4.0 Role of Affiliated Groups
4.1 Highway Products Group (HPG)
4.1.1 Typical HPG Activities
The Highway Products Group (HPG), which is an organization of vendor and manufacturers representatives who are members or affiliates of TexITE, typically participates in TexITE meetings in one or more of the following ways:
- By organizing and conducting product exhibits
- By contributing to the technical program
- By hosting a reception on Thursday night and a continental breakfast on Friday morning The HPG may also choose to sponsor or contribute financially to other activities of the meeting. It is emphasized that any such sponsorship or financial contribution shall be voluntary on the part of the HPG; the LAC may accept but shall not request such sponsorship or contribution.
4.1.2 Typical HPG Concerns
Two of the HPG's typical concerns are:
- That adequate exhibit space be available with an easily accessible power supply for each HPG member booth.
- That the exhibit space is large enough to accommodate the food and beverages served during the reception.
4.1.3 Responsibilities for Coordination
Not later than 12 months prior to the meeting, the HPG shall designate a representative to coordinate its activities with the LAC. The LAC chair shall coordinate with that HPG representative, if designated, prior to final selection of the hotel to ensure that the HPG’s concerns are considered. It is recognized that hotel commitments may have to be made before the HPG has selected its representative. In that case the LAC chair shall consult with:
- The HPG representative (if designated) for any other future TexITE meeting; otherwise
- The designated HPG representative for the most recent past TexITE meeting.
At least 10 months prior to the meeting, the designated HPG representative shall contact the LAC chair to coordinate the HPG’s proposed activities and facility needs (such as space for product exhibits and a meeting room for HPG’s business meeting).
4.1.4 Arrangements for Exhibit Space
At the time of the initial discussions with the hotel, the LAC chair shall determine that a sufficient exhibit space is available for use by the HPG, and reserve it for their use. It shall be the responsibility of the HPG representative to assign booth locations and arrange for the reception.
4.1.5 Scheduling of HPG Activities
Except as specifically authorized by the LAC chair, HPG activities shall not be scheduled to conflict with other meeting functions or activities.
4.1.6 HPG Involvement in Technical Program
The HPG is encouraged to participate in the meeting's technical program, which is arranged by the Vice President. The HPG should contact the Vice President at least 6 months prior to the meeting with any suggestions concerning technical session topics and speakers. HPG-sponsored presentations, if included in the meeting’s technical program, should focus on new or improved technology and not be used for promotion of specific products.
4.2 Consultant's Council of TexITE (CCTexITE)
4.2.1 Typical CCTexITE Activities
CCTexITE is an organization of consulting firms which have one or more employees who are members of TexITE. CCTexITE typically participates in TexITE meetings in one or more of the following ways:
- By contributing to the technical program.
- By sponsoring a portion of the cost of ITE student member's tickets for the Business Luncheon or other meeting functions.
CCTexITE may choose to sponsor or contribute financially to other activities of the meeting. It is emphasized that any such sponsorship or financial contribution shall be voluntary on the part of CCTexITE. The LAC may accept but shall not request such sponsorship or contribution.
4.2.2 Responsibility for Coordination
At least 6 months prior to the meeting, the CCTexITE chair shall contact the LAC chair to coordinate CCTexITE's needs, such as room space for its business meeting.
4.2.3 Scheduling of CCTexITE Activities
Except as specifically authorized by the LAC chair, CCTexITE activities shall not conflict with other scheduled meeting functions or activities.