The LAC is proud to provide information about activities that your family can enjoy in Frisco while you are at the conference. Or you might enjoy these activities yourself if you have some extra time in Frisco. The Visit Frisco website is a great resource for finding restaurants, shopping, museums and other attractions to visit.
We have highlighted below the attractions that are within walking distance of the hotel, followed by a list of quick links to other popular attractions that are a car ride away. Check each website for directions and hours of operation.
Walking Distance from the Hotel
SHOPPING & MOVIES AT STONEBRIAR CENTRE MALL
A large shopping mall with all of the major anchor stores, a movie multiplex, and a kid playing area. The closest mall entrance is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Click these links for information about the Mall and the movies showing at the AMC Theatre.
TEXAS SCULPTURE GARDEN
Hall Park, a large nearby office park, hosts the Texas Sculpture Garden with sculptures of all sizes located on four acres of winding trails, lush landscaping, lakes and fountains. Some art is also on display within the office buildings and is open to the public from 9am to 5pm. Head west from the hotel on Gaylord Parkway and walk under the Dallas North Tollway to reach the sculpture garden. You can stop in at the first office building (6801 Gaylord Parkway) and pick up a free map & brochure for your self-guided walking tour. 6801 Gaylord Parkway is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
ICE SKATING AT THE DR PEPPER STARCENTER
Right next to the hotel and conference center is the Dr Pepper Starcenter, the headquarters and training facility of Dallas’ professional hockey team, the Dallas Stars. One of the rinks is available for public ice skating and skate rental, typically on Fridays and Saturdays. Check this link for days and times.
- National Video Game Museum
- Museum of the American Railroad (Guided walking tours of the rolling stock are typically available on Thursdays at 1pm and Saturdays at 11am and 1pm. For tour information, click here.)
- Sci-Tech Childrens’ Museum
- Frisco Heritage Center (A collection of Frisco’s historic buildings that have been relocated to this outdoor museum. The center also hosts the Frisco Heritage Museum (see below).)
- Frisco Heritage Museum (A museum showing Frisco’s history. Gift shop includes items related to the Museum of the American Railroad.)
- Tour the new Dallas Cowboys Headquarters and Training Facility at The Star. Conference attendees can sign up to take the TexITE group tour on Wednesday afternoon. Family members can sign up for one of the public tours at this website.
- Indoor Skydiving at iFly. Conference attendees can sign up to attend the TexITE group outing Wednesday morning. Family members can attend at other times.
- Indoor Go-Kart Racing at Pole Position Raceway. Conference attendees can sign up to attend the TexITE group outing Wednesday morning. Family members can attend at other times.
- Frisco Gun Club. Rent a lane in one of the largest (and fanciest) indoor gun ranges in the country.
For more information or ideas, go to the Visit Frisco website.