8-1: Computerized Roster
The District shall maintain its own computerized roster for the mutual benefit of its members. The primary use of this database is to produce periodic updates of the roster for distribution to the membership.
8-2: Addition/Removal of Member’s Names
All members in good standing with the District will be listed in a membership roster along with the following information:
- Phone, Fax and Email Address
- Membership level
- If the member’s dues are outstanding in excess of six months, the member’s name shall be removed from the roster publication but kept in the database and placed in an inactive status until reinstated
8-3: Electronic Correspondence to the Membership
All mass emails should have prior approval of the President. Only authorized representatives of the District shall have access to this list. To preserve confidentiality of email addresses, announcements shall be sent to each member by blind copy. Only the Webmaster, Roster Manager or Secretary-Treasurer are authorized to send mass emails to the membership and should have prior approval of the District President.
8-4: Distribution of Database
The electronic database or portions of the database shall not be distributed to any member, agency, professional organization, company or vendor without prior approval of by a least two of the following: President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer or District Administrator. If mass distribution of information is required, it should be accomplished through the Webmaster.
8-5: Printed Labels
The Roster Manager shall provide mailing labels for mass distribution to external organizations, companies or individuals only when authorized by the District Board. If authorized by the District Board, mailing labels or a printed listing will be furnished free of charge for the following:
- Any official TexITE Section use
- Announcements of free seminars or free conferences sponsored by governmental agencies, non-profit agencies, or other professional organizations
If authorized by the District Board, mailing labels or a printed listing will be furnished for a fee of $75.00 for the following:
- Advertisement or product announcement distribution
- Announcements of seminars or conferences sponsored by other than governmental agencies, non-profit agencies, or other professional organizations and seminars or conferences for which a fee is charged
- Any commercial use
8-6: Electronic Publications/Updates
The roster manager should update a printable (i.e. PDF format) publication for the website at least once every six months.
8-7: Hardcopy Membership Rosters
A hardcopy of the membership rosters shall be made available for a fee of $5.00 for members and $20.00 for nonmembers. The Roster Manager may waive charges to members without access to the web.