Here are answers to a few common questions that students may have about joining ITE. If your questions about joining our organization are not answered in this section, please contact our Secretary via our contact page.
What are the “Perks”?
Membership in the Texas A&M Student Chapter offers the following opportunities:
- Participation in chapter activities for free, including out-of-town field trips, attending professional conferences twice a year in Texas and once a year across the country.
- Participation in joint activities with other ITE student chapters, employers, and vendors.
- Ability to make professional contacts.
- Posting your résumé in Résumé Section of this site. Also, your résumé will be included in our résumé CD, which we pass out at the transportation conferences.
Membership in the National Chapter of the Institute includes the following:
- Eligibility to compete for the semi-annual Outstanding TAMUite Member award.
- Subscription to the ITE Journal, the official monthly publication.
- Eligibility to purchase Institute publications with a membership discount.
- Easy transfer to Associate Member Status upon employment or graduation.
- Opportunity to publish résumé in Student Résumé Service.
- Discounted registration fee for the Institute’s Annual Meeting.
Who May Join This Student Chapter?
Membership in this organization is open to all Texas A&M University students, especially those who have an individual interest in transportation.
How Do I Join?
Joining the Texas A&M ITE Student Chapter is simple. Chapter membership can be obtained through our Membership Secretary. In order to speed the application process, these membership forms for the Texas A&M Student Chapter is available online in PDF file format by clicking on the link below. To join the International ITE, click on this link: http://www.ite.org/membership/index.asp to join using a simple online form.
What is the Cost of Membership?
There are no dues to be a member of the Texas A&M ITE Student Chapter, however, membership at the international level of ITE is required. First–year student membership at the international level is free. Subsequent years cost $30.